The UNICRI Journalism and Public Information Programme on New Threats aims at enhancing the capabilities of journalists and public information professionals in the areas of justice, crime prevention and security through short and long courses.
UNICRI intends to promote reliable and responsible public information given the crucial role played by media in influencing policies and civil society development, with specific regard to information related to justice, crime prevention and security. New threats are emerging requiring more expertise and awareness.
The final aim of UNICRI’s courses is to enhance journalists and public information professional knowledge in dealing with complex issues.
The training courses will deepen understanding of new emerging threats and in particular the ones associated with advances in technologies.
The classes take place at the United Nations Campus in Turin, Italy:
• Cyber Threats Masterclass 6, 7 November 2017 (course information)
• Specialized course for media and security professionals on Risks and Benefits associated with Artificial Intelligence and Robotics 6, 7 February 2017 (course information)
• Investigating Crimes against the Environment (course information)
• Biosecurity Masterclass (course information)
• Reporting and Communicating on Chemical, Biological, Radiological and Nuclear (CBRN) Risks (course information)
For more information please send a message to publicinfounicri.it. or call +39 011 6537144.